Our bones, muscles and joints work together as one which makes it easier for us to move and easily function in a coordinated way. Tendons play an important role by connecting these muscles to bones. It is very important to take good care of your tendons as well because our joints, without tendons could not function properly. And what better way to take care of it than by taking in vitamins or supplements for tendons and joints.
Benefits of Taking Supplements for Tendons and Joints
Taking supplements can give you a lot of beneficial reasons, one of which is that it could promote healthy tendons and joints and the most important thing is, that it can prevent the occurrence of joint pains because supplements will nourish and supply necessary nutrients needed by your tendons and joint to function.
Tips in Choosing Supplements For Tendons And Joints
- Always check the main ingredient in the package. Always remember that a long list of ingredients doesn’t necessarily mean that it can be effective, sometimes multiple ingredients can be too overwhelming.
- Read articles, reviews and researches about the best supplements for tendons and joints; this will definitely give you an idea on which to get and which brand has been most consumed in the market. Buying the best out there through the help of reviews can give you the chance to have a best shot the most effective one.
- Determine whether the supplement is approved by the Food and Drug Administration. You don’t want to risk taking in illegally manufactured and unsafe supplements.
- Do not take more than what you need and prescribed. Following the proper dosage should always be emphasized because it is for your safety too. The dosage are indicated to limit your intake and avoid over dosing because it may have a bad effect on you.
- Always consult your doctor before taking any supplement. Some supplements may contain ingredients that cannot be tolerated by your body and in turn, can have a negative effect on your health. Some ingredients may serve as an allergen to some people so do not take that risk.
Best Supplements for Tendons And Joints
This list contains some of the best known supplements for tendons and joints:
- Glucosamine sulphate
- Fish Oil/Omega 3
- Gamma linolenic acid (GLA)
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine (SAMe)
- Avocado-soybean unsaponifiables (ASUs)
- Devil’s Claw
This list is not exclusive and do not contain all of the best that there is. It should be noted that the effect of taking in supplements for joint and tendons may have a variations of effects depending on the user. This is why there is a need to consult a doctor first because supplements cannot replace any prescribed medications, therapies or even scheduled surgeries by the physicians.
Take in mind that supplements are only there to support your health as w hole but does not prove to provide you total cure from the condition.